Board Minutes 6.15.16

Minutes – Skidaway Farms, Inc. Board Meeting
Wednesday June 15, 5:00 pm Skidaway Audubon Pavilion

Present: Mike Welsh, Jane Kollman, Cathy Adler, Ralph Hinz, Monica Hughes, Bob Rogers
Absent: Joe Tyson
Other Attendees: Rick Cunningham

1. Meeting minutes of 5-21-2016 approved, motion by JK, second by CA, unanimously approved.

2. Budget presented by Cathy Adler, discussed, approved unanimously, budget will be posted on website.

3. Finance report per Bob Rogers:
a) YTD $12,350 in plot rental income, $ 1,600 to be collected for remainder of year.
b) $17,143 in checking account, $11,257 in asset replacement account

4. Website update: Monica Hughes currently in training with Rick Cunningham to take over website duties/postings

5. Herb Garden: will cover to solarize in coming weeks as it is too late for planting. Will form a work party in fall to prepare for planting.

6. Fall Festival : discussion re potential for Fall Festival, determined early October would be a good time. Will further discuss at next meeting.

7. Maintenance:
a) entrance road definitely needs improvement/ repair, Jane to check on leftover road finds near dog park. Ralph to look into cost for rental of heavy equipment needed to do the job. Addendum : leftover material near dog park not suitable, Ralph to contact a friend that might lead us in right direction

b) discussion continues on best/ most cost effective way to handle the drainage issues in wet areas of the farm.

c) dead tree cleanup on west side of fence line , Ralph and Jane to discuss in morning. Decided after viewing the area safety of workers would be a concern (potential for snakes). Will revisit in winter when this is not an issue. Jane will obtain an estimate on cost for the work from landscape fella who cares for the farm, and to see if this is a job that his crew can handle.

d) myrtle bushes along roadway to rear of farm need to be trimmed, discussion regarding best way to get this large project done. Jane will speak with landscape fella to determine if this is something his crew could handle and if so obtain estimate.

e) relocation of hose bibs in center of walkways making passage of carts and wheelbarrows difficult. Ralph will check with plumber re cost.

f) pressure washing of tables and benches : Jane will schedule power wash of pavilion for fall and have these done at the same time.

g) Bethesda Barnbuilders consulted to make a shelter for Polly Pots at the Children’s Garden. This would be to protect/ preserve her paint job which had to be redone after last summer, only one season.

Note: These minutes are subject to approval at the next board meeting

Meeting adjourned. Next meeting Wednesday July 13, 5:00 pm at the farm