Present: M. Welsh, J. Kollmann, J. Tyson, M. Hughes, B. Rogers, M.Hughes, R. Hinz
1) Treasurer Report: checking account : $14,930.67
Asset replacement account: $11,263.88.
New computer and Quick Books program purchased for $550
2) Wet area between raised beds discussed.
a) soil cloth to be removed, Ralph will cap an outer irrigation line to see if things improve. A French drain may need to be installed to assist with drainage in the area. An estimate will be obtained for the addition of 200 square feet of stone potentially to be applied to the area.
b) overhead irrigation is up and running in the Organic Section.
3) The Landings Garden Club will host a propagation workshop in the Pavilion on 11/9
4) St Andrews first grade class to visit the farm on 11/13 for their annual field trip; this includes a discovery tour, an assignment and concludes with a picnic lunch in the Pavilion.
Motion to adjourn per J Kollmann, second per M. Kahn
Next meeting 12/12/7, 5:00 @ Landings Club Office
Present: M Welsh, J Kollmann, M Hughes, C Adler, J Tyson, B Rogers, R Hinz, M Hahn
1) Financial Report per B Rogers: Operating : $15,038.72, Reserve: $11,263.88
Bob also reports our donated computer is on its last leg. Authorization for new computer approved, motion per C Adler, second per J Kollmann, approved by all.
After research and discussion with Geek Squad at Best Buy, was determined pkg for computer and install of updated Quick Books cost would be around $500. Bob will discuss with R Cunningham how best to backup farm data.
2) Swamplike area by raised beds in section A needs to be resolved, improved as farmers in that area are discouraged with the mud. After discussion, it was determined per R Hinz’s suggestion to get a load of stone to build the area up. Motion made per M Hahn,second per C Adler to get a load of stone for the area, approved by all. Ralph will research cost and get back to the board.
3)Organic farmers requesting to go to overhead watering. Ralph has been working on details to get the section up and running, however, upon locating the box and noting some disconnected wires is unable to get the section to run. Ralph doesn’t have the equipment to determine the problem so an irrigation fella has been called to work the problem.
4) Discussion re the need for farmer work parties to spruce up the farm, will schedule one during the week and one on a weekend to capture more help, dates to be determined .
Motion to adjourn per M Hahn, second per C Adler
Next meeting : 11/8 @ 5 pm @ the farm
Present: M Welsh, J Kollmann, C Adler, B Rogers, M Hahn, M Hughes
Absent: J Tyson
Continue reading Board Meeting Minutes June 7, 2017
Board Meeting May 3, 2017
Present: M Welsh, J Kollmann, C Adler, M Hughes, M Kahn, R Hinz, R Cunningham
Absent: B Rogers, J Tyson
Continue reading Board Meeting Minutes – May 3, 2017
Present: M Welsh, J Kollmann, C Adler, R Hinz, M Hughes, B Rogers, J Tyson, R Cunningham. Absent: M Kahn Continue reading Board Meeting Minutes, April 12, 2017
Present: Mike Welsh, Jane Kollmann, Joe Tyson, Bob Rogers, Monica Hughes, Ralph Hinz, Cathy Adler, Rick Cunningham Continue reading Board Meeting Minutes – March 8, 2017
Present: Mike Welsh, Jane Kollmann, Cathy Adler, Bob Rogers, Monica Hughes, Joe Tyson, Ralph Hinz, Rick Cunningham, Audubon liaison
1) Budget report per Bob Rogers, January rental collection complete, February in progress. Continue reading Board Meeting Minutes February 15, 2017
Present: Mike Welsh, Jane Kollmann, Bob Rogers, Monica Hughes, Ralph Hinz, Cathy Adler
Absent: Joe Tyson, Rick Cunningham Continue reading Minutes – Board Meeting, January 19, 2017
SKIDAWAY FARMS BOARD MEETING MINUTES 10/04/16
Present: Mike Welsh, Ralph Hinz, Joe Tyson, Cathy Adler, Bob Rogers, Monica Hughes
Absent: Jane Kollman, Rick Cunningham Continue reading Board Meeting Minutes 10/04/16
Present: Mike Welsh, Jane Kollmann, Ralph Hinz, Joe Tyson, Bob Rogers, Cathy Adler
Absent: Monica Hughes, Rick Cunningham Continue reading Minutes – September 14, 2016 – Skidaway Farms Board Meeting