Board Meeting Minutes September 19, 2018
Present: M Kahn, J Kollmann, M Hughes, R Hinz, J Tyson, C Adler, L Dillard
1) Finance report per B Rogers, outgoing Treasurer:
Checking Account: $ 11,836.19, Asset Replacement Account: $19,286.29
A) motion per J Kollmann to install L Dillard as new Treasurer, second per C Adler,
B) motion per M Hughes to install M Kahn as Board President, second per J Kollmann
2) Welcome to our two new bee hives! Hopefully they will stay healthy and our crops will do well with their presence.
3) Weather station for the farm has been approved by Skidaway Audubon. They will fund installation and operating costs. This will be installed by R Hinz.
4) Pathways are in need of new pine straw, a cost of around $500 approved per the Board and a work party will be scheduled for mid to late October for distribution on the pathways.
5) Work party set for Saturday, 9/22, 8-11. Discussion ensued to look at finances and increase maintenance budget to have more of the cleanup work done by the team that currently takes care of mowing, weed control on pathways and plot clearing as needed.
6) Ralph to have some signs made for fence line to remind farmers not to throw debris over the fence as the debris gets caught on the electric fence wire causing it to short out.
7) Ralph reports tractor needing repair, new seat installed, and fuel pump is on order.
8) Discussion to update Data Base and Farm Map. C Adler to email Blake and Rick to meet with the Board to accomplish this.
Motion to adjourn per J Kollmann, second per M Kahn
Next meeting, 10/10, 5pm @ the Farm