Board Meeting May 3, 2017
Present: M Welsh, J Kollmann, C Adler, M Hughes, M Kahn, R Hinz, R Cunningham
Absent: B Rogers, J Tyson
1) Farm financials reported via email. B Rogers had previous commitment.
2) Festival details finalized, menu finalized, tables and chairs to be delivered on 5/5. Monica will send blast to farmers to recruit help for table setup on Sunday morning.
3) Vote to okay citrus trial along northeast fence line at the farm.
C Adler made a motion to allow citrus trial at the farm, second per M Hughes, approved by all. Following were specifications :
A) half of northeast fence line for the trial
B) monitor maintenance, i.e. mulch/barrier to keep weeds down
C) organic practices as in organic section
D) $ 200 rental/year, $100 weed deposit
4) Board okayed 10 by 20 plot, rent free, for Club Restaurant Manager, Tamar El-Kamel. Decided on $75 weed deposit. Motion to approve rent free plot rental for Mr. El-Kamel with $75 weed deposit per C Adler, second per M Kahn, approved by all.
5) Maintenance report per R Hinz: irrigation heads need updating. Board approved purchase of necessary supplies. An irrigation maintenance class to be held in near future for farmers with drip irrigation.
6) On May 1st 26 preschool children from the Presbyterian Church visited the farm. The children had a discovery tour, followed by a picnic lunch in the pavilion. The project of the day was potting a plant to give to Moms on Mothers Day. A good time was had by all!
7) Potential for grant $$ for farm from Allstate discussed, update next meeting.
8) Summer garden tips to be sent to Monica for posting.
Motion to adjourn per J Kollmann, second per C Adler
Minutes Approved by: M Welsh, J Kollman, M Kahn, C Adler, M Hughes
Next meeting June 7, 5PM @ the farm